Associate Vice President for University Marketing and Recruitment
Thomas Edison State University
May 31, 2018
Trenton, New Jersey
Higher Education Institution
The Division of Enrollment Management at Thomas Edison State University is seeking candidates for the Associate Vice President for University Marketing and Recruitment. The successful candidate will report to the Vice President for Enrollment Management. This position will create and implement a visionary marketing and recruiting strategy to drive successful student enrollment and engagement through an integrated digital and relationship-based marketing and recruiting campaign for nontraditional students.
Thomas Edison State University currently serves more than 17,000 nontraditional, adult students enrolled in one of its five schools: Heavin School of Arts and Sciences, School of Business and Management, School of Applied Science and Technology, John S. Watson School of Public Service and the W. Cary Edwards School of Nursing. The Associate Vice President for University Marketing and Recruitment will lead a team of marketing professionals and collaborate across divisions to identify adult student enrollment trends and the programs and services driving adult student enrollments.
Examples of Work:
The Associate Vice President will be a leader with exceptional analytical, interpersonal, communication and management skills with a proven commitment to inclusion and diversity within the organization and stakeholder communities. The Associate Vice President will have significant breadth and depth of experience in higher education enrollment management and/or corporate marketing, campaign marketing, web recruiting and CRM, as well as an innovative spirit; and a willingness to take calculated risks based on sound research.
The Associate Vice President will possess a demonstrated knowledge of the major elements of, and current best practices in, nontraditional student recruitment, an in-depth understanding of adult student market trends and prospect development, and have experience leveraging CRM and web-based technology for data-driven decision-making.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to develop marketing and recruiting strategies to grow undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral enrollments.
• Ability to identify and engage student target markets that benefit from Thomas Edison State University’s unique niche in the higher education sector.
• Ability to develop, implement and evaluate integrated and relationship-based marketing and recruiting campaigns that leverage the use of CRM, Web and social media-based recruiting and retention practices.
• Ability to develop, implement and evaluate media campaigns that grow enrollments and enhance institutional reputation and awareness among key stakeholders and/or in the higher education environment.
• Ability to use technology and data analytics to identify opportunities in the prospect and student life cycle to increase student enrollment, engagement and success.
• Ability to develop, implement and manage call center operations and external vendors and projects as part of the overall marketing campaign and student recruiting and retention initiatives.
• Ability to collaborate across University divisions to ensure alignment of branding and messaging in accordance with the University mission, vision and strategic plan.
• Ability to collaborate with recruiters, admissions advisors, strategic partner representatives and military/veteran representatives in evaluating, reporting and developing processes to enhance enrollment, maximize continuous enrollment and graduation outcomes.
• Ability to forecast, budget and effectively expend resources for marketing and recruiting initiatives as well as leverage earned media as part of marketing initiatives.
Required Qualifications: A minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible experience in enrollment management, corporate marketing or campaign management preferably focused on adult/nontraditional students. Experience leading data informed marketing and recruitment initiatives that provide institutional branding as well as program-specific campaign strategies that resulted in documented undergraduate and graduate student enrollment growth.
Interested candidates should formally apply to HR@tesu.edu with subject line "AVP for University Marketing & Recruitment Search". Application materials should include a letter describing the applicant’s interest in the position, current resume, and names and contact information of three references.
About Thomas Edison State University
Thomas Edison State College was established by the State of New Jersey and chartered by the New Jersey Board of Higher Education in 1972. The College was founded for the purpose of providing diverse and alternative methods of achieving a collegiate education of the highest quality for mature adults.