St. Labre Indian Catholic School
Pretty Eagle Catholic Academy St. Charles Mission School
Job Title: Director of Direct Response Marketing
Reports To: Chief Development Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary Grade: 11A ($64,923-$81,165-$97,399)
Approved Date: 07-01-15
Under the supervision and direction of the Chief Development Officer, administers the direct response fundraising program for St. Labre, utilizing current and emerging direct response fundraising strategies, techniques and channels to acquire new donors; retain and cultivate current donors; and reactivate lapsed donors in order to meet revenue goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Performs the following duties personally or through subordinates. * Indicates the non-essential duties and responsibilities. Nothing in this job description restricts St. Labre's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Actively contributes to overall strategic fundraising plan to meet current and future needs of the organization.
- With Chief Development Officer, creates strategy and develops tactics for all facets of the direct response program, telemarketing and e-fundraising programs including but not limited to; acquisition, house renewal, lapsed donor campaigns and other special donor mailings.
- Responsible for all daily aspects of extensive, ongoing, direct response marketing program, including development of master mailing plan for donor acquisition, retention, and re-activation fundraising campaigns.
- Collaborates with senior management, Development & other staff, vendors and consultants to generate promotion concepts and test ideas using knowledge of fundraising copy techniques, postage treatment, database segmentation and direct response campaign designs.
- Prepares and manages annual direct response budgets, including all direct mail and e-fundraising cost centers and the development administrative budget. This involves determining mail quantities for each campaign consistent with organizational and departmental strategic plans, obtaining competitive bids to apply costs and analyzing historical results to determine revenue projections.
- Ensures donor interactions build donor loyalty, including making sure that donors are properly thanked and fulfillment premiums are sent out in a timely manner.
- Monitors and tracks direct response campaign results and makes tactical and strategic changes as needed based upon analysis of campaign performance and macro-environmental changes.
- Regularly monitors the health of the overall donor database, analyzing each donor category and segment, using the necessary reporting tools.
- Establishes and modifies the business rules for the management, rental and exchange of the donor file as needed.
- Develops and modifies processes and procedures within the direct response departments as needed.
- Schedules, organizes and facilitates meetings with staff and vendors.
- Ensures that proper photographic and other images are obtained on a regular basis and maintained. This also includes obtaining required permission/authorization for use in promotional/campaign materials or e-blasts.
- Ensures all direct response fundraising data including campaign results and costs and correspondence/conversations with donors is recorded in the database timely and accurately.
Manages and supervises three direct reports and two subordinate supervisors who manage and supervise a total of 30-40 employees. Carries out all supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organizational policies and applicable laws. Responsible for training employees, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications and non-profit experience preferred
- 2+ years of experience in direct response marketing required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Goal-oriented self-starter
- Forward thinking – able to balance “new” with tried and true methods
- Strong combination of analytical and creative skills
- Able to maintain fast pace for extended periods of time
- Excellent time management and follow-through skills
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Enthusiastic “can do" attitude with strong work ethic
- Leadership ability and team player skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Respects the teachings of the gospel of Jesus Christ in private, personal, and public life.
- Commitment to the mission of the Roman Catholic Church in Native American education.
- Sensitivity to and appreciation of Native American people and their cultures.
- Ability to serve as an appropriate role model for students.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONSValid Montana driver’s license required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Some U.S. travel is required.
Housing is available on campus with this position.