Teamwork. Integrity. Excellence. We are Aspire. Voted as one of the 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work for in Chicago in 2015 and 2016, we know that Together, We’re Better!
Aspire was founded in 1960 and is recognized as a leader in providing bold, pioneering, and uncompromising services to kids and adults with developmental disabilities, their families and the community through our four enterprises: Aspire Kids, Aspire Living, Aspire Careers and Aspire CoffeeWorks.
We are one of the most innovative human service non-profits in the Midwest with an incredibly talented and dedicated team of more than 200 that serves nearly 1,000 kids and adults every year, and that number is growing fast.
We also offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefit package, a robust employee wellness program and a fun and engaging work environment.
Aspire is seeking a dynamic and highly motivated individual to join our Advancement Team as a Marketing and Public Relations Coordinator. If you are determined to make a difference and provide support to a dedicated and passionate team, we want to talk to you!
Working with the Vice President for Advancement, the Marketing and Public Relations Coordinator will play a key role in the development, design and implementation of integrated marketing and communications plans and projects, in support of the strategic marketing needs of the organization. The Coordinator ensures that marketing and communication activities are consistent with the organization’s vision, goals and strategies. This team member will develop all external communications materials to reach a variety of audiences through various channels, and engages local and national media in the work of the organization through proactive outreach. The position is responsible for communications that build and maintain strategic relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
The Marketing and Public Relations Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
- Generating newsworthy pitch ideas and securing coverage in local and national media
- Managing and growing social media accounts
- Updating website with new content and stories
- Working with the CEO and VPs to develop and place thought leadership articles
- Coordinating award submissions and speaking engagement
- Producing engaging content, including but not limited to photo capture, video editing and limited graphic design
- Marketing campaigns that reach various stakeholders, including families and partners in the community
- Supporting the Events Team in various efforts, including after-work and weekend events
- Building and strengthening relationships with community partners to generate awareness of programs and services
- Acting as the go-to for all organization-wide marketing, communication and PR activities