The Reed College of Media at West Virginia University is seeking a Recruitment Marketing Specialist to drive enrollment for the College's online Master's degrees in Data Marketing Communications and Integrated Marketing Communications. This position is a critical role on the unit's recruitment and retention team, and will be responsible for leading the student recruitment initiatives for the College's online graduate programs and supporting student advising to positively impact retention of students through to degree completion.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Execute integrated marketing communication activities and lead generation campaigns for Reed College of Media online programs.
- Identify and propose new marketing opportunities/activities to achieve lead generation goals.
- Develop performance metrics and goals for each marketing initiative with emphases on lead generation and student matriculation.
- Guide prospective students from point of inquiry through the application and admission processes, including initial course enrollment.
- Provide guidance and encouragement through the admissions and course enrollment processes to prospective and admitted students via phone, mail, social media and personal interactions.
- Maintain current knowledge of the changing needs and concerns of potential online adult learners, new and existing market opportunities, and College curricula, policies, and procedures.
- Perform ongoing analysis of recruitment performance to adjust recruitment plans, practices and strategies.
- Accurately and effectively manage a high volume of data and electronic record keeping.
- Master's degree in integrated marketing communications, data marketing communications, public relations, journalism, communications or related field
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered
- At least three (3) years of experience in professional work of an independent nature that demonstrates a strong commitment to customer service and the ability to creatively solve problems
- At least one (1) year of experience in the following:
- Sales, customer acquisition and/or retention
- Recruiting/advising role
- Public relations, integrated marketing communications or related field
- Experience in adult/graduate student recruitment with operation of an aggressive, ongoing recruitment plan and student advising is preferred
First consideration will be given to those who apply by February 13, 2017.
- Background check
- Cover letter
- Three professional references
At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer at http://hr.wvu.edu/.
West Virginia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff and students, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
Job Posting: Feb 1, 2017
Posting Classification: FE/AP
Exemption Status: Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes