| The primary purpose of this position is to drive product and channel strategies with marketing thought leadership grounded in research, insights, and market intelligence. |
• Analyzes and interprets insights to provide strategic thought leadership and recommendations on all elements of the marketing mix to the product category and channel marketing teams.
• Supports the development of marketplace intelligence for application in CSM’s NA (North America) markets or key channels of distribution: Modern Trade, Foodservice, Traditional, and Industrial.
• Recommends bakery solutions (grounded in category management driven strategies and tactics) related to products, assortment, packaging and labeling, product placement, pricing & promotion, and customer displays.
• Partners with category and channel marketing leaders to uncover shopper and consumer research priorities. Links learning objectives with optimal research vendor/service selection (both secondary/syndicated & primary/ custom)
o In the case of secondary/syndicated based solutions, creatively integrate various sources and methodologies in developing original content with a singular strategic POV – i.e. what does it all mean?
o In the case of basic primary/custom based solutions, develop & program basic surveys, work with panel vendors to find appropriate consumer/customer access, field, and analyze/synthesize/share-back results
• Develops and delivers clear, concise and compelling presentations of relevant marketplace intelligence to channel marketing and sales leaders.
• Provides support in the development of channel strategies and business/marketing plans (and/or account plans) for top customers.
• Manages and continues to develop the organization’s regular performance benchmarking reporting process.
• Experience working closely and collaboratively within the marketing/brand-management planning process, especially as it relates to developing insight-driven, consumer/customer focused objectives & strategies.
• Experience working with Syndicated research suppliers, their data, and their tools, especially Nielsen/IRI, NPD, Datamonitor, Technomic, Kantar, Spectra.
• Experience with custom research, involving both quantitative and qualitative methods.
• Proven experience integrating and synthesizing data/insights to drive more optimal business decisions.
• Advanced data manipulation, analytic, and presentation skills through Microsoft office.
• Very strong oral and written communication skills. Strong presentation development (i.e. Powerpoint or other) skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively and build solid relationship/partnerships with internal customers.
• Naturally inquisitive – anticipates audience questions and concerns • Category Management (with certification at CPCM or CPSA levels) a plus.