Advertised Summary Job Description: Reporting to the Director of Marketing Strategy ("Associate") will the lead the efforts to identify and define the marketing strategies for the high school and summer programs at the school. The Associate will collaborate with program and marketing leadership to define marketing goals of the programs, including target populations, and identify and outline the strategies for reaching those populations of students to drive enrollments in the programs. The Associate will work collaboratively with the Marketing and Advertising, and Content teams to ensure tactics align with the identified strategy.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Collaborate with program and marketing leadership to define annual marketing and outreach strategy a. Work with executive directors, program directors, and program operations directors to identify target populations for each program b. Create the articulation, development, and process outline of an actionable strategy creation
2. Help drive the development of the annual strategic plans with the leadership teams a. Engage and collaborate with stakeholders to lead the creation of strategic marketing goals to drive enrollments for the high school and summer programs b. Execute action steps to achieve targeted goals and outcomes c. Assess effectiveness and impact of initiatives for marketing, advertising, and communications d. Report on measurable outcomes associated with each audience and initiative
3. Collaborate with stakeholders to align efforts with the identified strategies a. Engage the teams in Media and Advertising, Public Relations to align outreach tactics with the articulated strategy b. Collaborate with Web Design team to ensure web properties are aligned with key program goals c. Work cross functionally with the Business Development teams to identify target organizations i. Support the engagement of those organizations as necessary d. Ensure the tactics utilized are aligned with the strategies
4. Monitor the effectiveness and success of the program level and school level strategies a. Report out to the leadership team on the outcomes, lessons learned, and next steps for each program
5. Manage multiple projects simultaneously a. Set, maintain, and adjust priorities and deliverables due so that the overall project load for marketing strategy development across identified programs is completed in time to be actionable
6. Performs other duties as assigned or requested
General Minimum Qualifications: - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required. - 4 years of related experience required.
Additional Specific Minimum Qualifications: 1. Prior experience developing and executing marketing strategy in higher education 2. Significant experience with the Office Suite of programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Visio) 3. Data and outcome driven market project experience 4. Experience in and knowledge of response driven campaigns or programs 5. Significant knowledge of the competitive landscape for higher educational offerings 6. Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills 7. Exceptional attention to detail, strong organization and time management skills, and the ability to perform non-routine work with changing priorities 8. Ability to work independently as well as in teams 9. Demonstrated ability in project management and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously 10. Ability to work in a cross-matrix institution
Preferred Qualifications: 1. Advanced degree in relevant area 2. Experience in higher education
As a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and the Council of Ivy Group Presidents (Ivy League), it is imperative that members of the Columbia University community, in all matters related to the intercollegiate athletics program, exhibit the highest professional standards and ethical behavior with regard to adherence to NCAA, Conference, University, and Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Physical Education rules and regulations.
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Columbia University is one of the world's most important centers of research and at the same time a distinctive and distinguished learning environment for undergraduates and graduate students in many scholarly and professional fields. The University recognizes the importance of its location in New York City and seeks to link its research and teaching to the vast resources of a great metropolis. It... seeks to attract a diverse and international faculty and student body, to support research and teaching on global issues, and to create academic relationships with many countries and regions. It expects all areas of the university to advance knowledge and learning at the highest level and to convey the products of its efforts to the world.