The Brown University Division of Advancement seeks qualified applicants for the position of Manager, Direct Mail Marketing and Strategic Stewardship
The Manager plans, develops, and executes the direct mail programs for the Brown Annual Fund, Parents Annual Fund, Alumni of Color Initiative, Public Health Annual Fund, Brown University Sports Foundation, and other areas as needed, which collectively raise more than $7 million per year to support the Universityâ??s academic mission. He/she ensures that the direct mail marketing calendar is created strategically and thoughtfully with an emphasis on creating a cohesive schedule with all of the other main direct marketing channels (phone, email, social media, etc.) He/she also serves as a proofreader for all direct mail communications, and is responsible for analyzing the results of direct mail (overall and by mailing/segment/constituency) and any tests conducted to help the program improve (i.e., to raise more money and to increase participation).
Additionally, he/she will work closely with the Director of Direct Marketing and Communications (DMAC) to develop plans for the stewardship and further cultivation of Brown Annual Fund donors and volunteers, including targeted efforts for members of the 1764 Society (loyal donors at all levels), Carrie Tower Society (Leader- and Partner-level donors), Reunion Gift, Reunion Participation, and Graduate of the Last Decade (GOLD) Participation committee members; Brown Annual Fund Leader, Brown Annual Fund Young Leader, and Brown Annual Fund Partner council members; and Annual Giving online ambassadors. The incumbent will implement and analyze efforts designed to increase donor and volunteer retention for the Annual Giving team.
- Bachelorâ??s degree and 4+ years experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in a higher-education or non-profit setting highly desirable. Fundraising and marketing experience a plus
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills as well as proofreading ability; must be able to communicate with a varied University constituency
- Creativity, motivation, and superior problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated project management experience and ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent computer skills including but not limited to word-processing, spreadsheet, mail merge, and database software required.
- Experience with database query tools preferred. Computer expertise and continued interest in maintaining and improving skills.
- Computer proficiency in word processing, including knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel (required), PowerPoint (required), and familiarity with navigating the internet (required).
- Comfortable working with relational databases like the Advance system
All offers of employment are contingent upon a criminal background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown.
Applicants are asked to provide a cover letter and resume with their applications.
Recruiting Start Date:2016-11-14-08:00
Job Posting Title:Manager, Direct Mail Marketing and Strategic Stewardship
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sexual orientation and/or gender identity, sex, sex orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.