The Marketing Department in the School of Business at the University of Connecticut invites applications for tenure-track positions at the rank of Assistant, Associate or Full Professor to begin in Fall 2017.
The University of Connecticut (UConn) is entering a transformational period of growth supported by the $1.7B Next Generation Connecticut (http://nextgenct.uconn.edu/) and the $1B Bioscience Connecticut (http://biosciencect.uchc.edu/) investments and a bold new Academic Plan: Path to Excellence (http://issuu.com/uconnprovost/docs/academic-plan-single-hi-optimized_1). As part of these initiatives, we are pleased to continue these investments by inviting applications for faculty positions in the Department of Marketing.
The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to research and scholarship through high quality publications, participate in prominent national and international academic conferences, and help guide research efforts in their areas of expertise. In addition to research, individuals will be expected to teach appropriate courses at the undergraduate, masters, and/or Ph.D. levels, including the supervision of Ph.D. students, and participate in outreach and service activities. Successful candidates will share a deep commitment to effective instruction. Successful candidates will also be expected to assist the University in its efforts to broaden participation among members of under-represented groups; demonstrate through their research, teaching, and/or public engagement the richness of diversity in the learning experience; integrate multicultural experiences into relevant course content; contribute to the development of pedagogical techniques designed to meet the needs of diverse learning styles and intellectual interests.
- Ph.D. or equivalent in marketing or a related field. Equivalent foreign degrees are acceptable.
- Evidence of publishing in premier marketing journals.
- Evidence of successful teaching at a university.
- Evidence of service contributions to the school, university and/or discipline.
- A deep commitment to promoting diversity.
- Evidence of successful teaching at the Master’s and/or Ph.D. levels.
- Evidence of mentoring doctoral students.
- Demonstrated record of scholarly productivity and an active research agenda.
- Research agenda and teaching experience that complements department needs.
These are full-time, 9-month, tenure-track positions with a start date of August 23, 2017. Rank, eligibility for tenure, and compensation package will be commensurate with background, qualifications and experience. The successful candidate’s primary appointment will be at the Storrs campus with the possibility of assignment at other UConn regional campuses or in on-line instruction.
Select “Apply Now" to be redirected to Academic Jobs Online to complete your application. Please submit the following and include your last name as well as search #2016339 in the document title for each document submitted:
- A cover letter specifically addressing your credentials relative to the minimum and preferred qualifications listed above.
- Curriculum vitae
- A one-page teaching statement with attached teaching evaluations.
- A one-page research and scholarship statement (with discussion of your substantive research focus and the methodological approaches that you use to address research, experience in proposal development, mentorship of graduate students, etc.)
- A one-page commitment to diversity statement (as related to broadening participation, integrating multicultural experiences in instruction and research and pedagogical techniques to meet the needs of diverse learning styles, etc.)
Evaluation of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled. Preference will be given to applications received by October 30, 2016. Employment of the successful candidate will be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. (Search # 2016339)
For more information regarding the Department of Marketing, visit http://Marketing.business.uconn.edu/. If you have questions related to the search, please send a detailed inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org, with MKTG FACULTY SEARCH in the subject line.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.