At Boston Children's Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It's in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As the teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Marketing Department and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.
The Senior Content Marketing Manager will be responsible for:
- Creating a content marketing strategy vision reflective of industry best practices (from strategy/planning to measurement); having the vision and abilities to take the organization from the current place to the future.
- Partnering with key department team members to understand business and marketing goals, ensuring content strategy is in alignment with goals and all content creation needs are accordingly prioritized.
- Developing and implementing content strategy, ensuring all content is strategically sound and has multiple uses to maximize its stakeholder engagement value while continuously seeking ways to streamline workflow and improve efficiency.
- Managing the daily activities of the content marketing team.
- Overseeing and coordinating the creation/publication process of all online and off-line content.
- Reviewing and editing select content created, and implementing practices to ensure consistency of institutional messaging and brand voice across all communications. Creativity in storytelling a must.
- Possessing solid management skills, motivating and inspiring the content team as well as providing effective guidance and direction to ensure work is aligned with goals.
- Understanding related content marketing measurement and analytics for ongoing content marketing optimization.
To qualify, you must have
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or journalism
- Minimum of 8-10 years communications or marketing experience or equivalent (corporate or agency-side) with emphasis in journalism, video storytelling and content marketing
- Minimum 8-10 years management experience
- Digital native with hands-on experience creating and implementing content marketing strategy; keeping current on latest technologies and trends
- On-line experience building communities and propagating content throughout the web ecosystem, as well as experience with social media, SEO, SEM and analytics
- Experience working with medium- to large web content management systems and consumer websites
- Ability to effectively translate technical information into consumer-friendly material
- Healthcare marketing experience and an understanding of medical/hospital terminology is highly desirable
- Understanding of content marketing measurement so as to apply metrics-driven insights for the continuous optimization of content marketing strategy
- Excellent cross-collaboration, interpersonal, organizational and written communication skills are required; keen attention to detail and high level of productivity are also essential
- Team oversight and management experience desired. Ability to effectively share vision and inspire teams to co-create and deliver on vision is essential
Boston Children's Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Standard Hours Per Week: 40